From: Project on Defense Alternatives [U.S.]
1. How much has terrorism increased since the "war on terrorism" began? Short article available for download or posting to blogs and websites:
"The wages of war: Global terrorism up since 9/11 attacks," by Carl Conetta, Project on Defense Alternatives,7 September 2006
MS Word: http://www.comw.org/pda/fulltext/0609br18excerpt.doc
2. Full report:
"Pyrrhus on the Potomac: How America's post-9/11 wars have undermined US national security," PDA Briefing Report #18, 05 September 2006. [First section offers 400 word summary of argument]
3. Compendium of nine short articles assessing post-9/11 US security policy and offering alternatives: terrorism, Iraq war, budgetary aspects, military transformation, nuclear policy. Also critiques mainstream
"Are We Safer? Five Years After the September 11th Attacks." By the Security Policy Working Group.
4. More to come: In the next few days the Project on Defense Alternatives will post additional overview articles assessing post-9/11 US security policy. Check back at http://www.comw.org/pda/
Look at top for:
* "Fighting on borrowed time: How current policy is depleting America’s armed forces"
* "Fanning the flames: The effect of America's post-9/11 wars on world opinion"