Taking Pills With Your Eyes Shut

Emma-Louise Neville 10 August, 2008 12:32 General Permalink Trackbacks (0)
Ever taken the wrong pill?
The other night, just before I got into bed I remembered I hadn’t taken my pill. I walked into the kitchen and picked up the strip of tablets lying in the usual place and swallowed one. I then noticed the taste in the back of my throat wasn’t the normal taste I get- thinking about it, the pill had felt much larger than usual. I had taken the wrong pill.

How often in life do we just do things because they are part of routine? The amount of choices and chances we take in our daily lives are phenomenal, yet we barely stop to think about them. How many decisions that we make change the course of our lives in a significant way?

Morpheus
(to Neo):  “    This is your last chance, after this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill- the story ends. You wake up in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”
                                (The Matrix)
Can one seemingly small choice we make and change who we are and what we are to become? How much of our identity and future is decided for us?

Just some thoughts.

Powered by LifeType
© 2006 - Design by Omar Romero (all rights reserved)