The Mentors!

The course is no easy one and is definitely very challenging added to it is the fact that many of us will be doing the course while we are working.

So the most important factor to succeed in the course is to have mentors and the faculty at UCT are more than eminent at guiding the weakest of the lot in succeeding at the course.

Dr Liz Gwyther , Dr Rene Krause(Adult Palliative care) , Dr Michelle Merring (Paediatric Palliative care), Linda Ganca (Communication Expert) are the base Mentor Team that helped me through the course.

The mentors made sure that each topic was discussed in detail and every session was interactive and engaging.

I have to mention that the support you get from the fellow students is priceless. Rene Albertyn our fellow student has helped me through all the assignments and difficult topics.At one particular time I remember being stuck in a topic not knowing where to find articles for references and after requesting Rene Albertyn for help , my email inbox had 8 articles specifically addressing my need.

We formed a whatsapp group to discuss our challenges.

Each of the 26 students have taught me in their own and every interaction has been something to learn from.